Calling all budding scientists. The next Fiske Science Fair is on March 7, 2013!
Has your child ever wondered about why different kinds of fruits have different kinds of seeds? Or, why do apple slices turn brown in my snack? Why does the house creak at night? Why did playing with a magnet ruin my mom’s computer?
Science fairs aren't just for older kids! Elementary students can learn a lot and have a great time doing a fun project. All Fiske students 2nd grade and older* are welcome to come up with a question that interests them, an experiment that will answer the question and share the results.* Science Fair registration closed on February 10.
Please enter the name of the student's science fair project, as well as the name, grade, and teacher for each student on the team.
Key Dates to Keep in Mind:
- January 17, 2013: Kick off speaker at the All School Meeting; 11:30am-12
- January 31, 2013: Name the Fair winner announced
- Feb 1, 2013: Brainstorming session at Fiske (one and only session) after school in the library 3:15-4pm
- Feb 10, 2013: Registration closes for the science fair
- March 7, 2013: Morning science fair for students 9am-Noon, and evening for families 6-7:30pm
To Help You Prepare:
Start wondering and enquiring!
Fiske Science Fair Committee
* Classes younger than second grade are not included for many reasons, such as space constraints and feedback from teachers and staff.