BOKS - BEFORE SCHOOL FITNESS PROGRAM
Monday and Wednesday mornings
February 12 - May 9, 2018
7:45 -8:30 am
BOKS Before School Fitness is a free program for students in Grades K - 5.
REGISTRATION FOR 2017-2018 SPRING SESSION - CLOSED.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be placed on waitlist.
BOKS (Build Our Kids Success, A Reebok Foundation Initiative) is a parent volunteer-run, physical activity program that sparks a child's mind and body for better learning during the school day. Each week will introduce a Skill- of-the-Week. Kids will participate in fun fitness activities and BOKS Nutritional Bits. All students must be registered to participate. For more information, please visit bokskids.org.
Registration is required for this program and is handled on first-come, first-serve basis.
(1) Parent must provide a phone number at which they can be reached during the times of the BOKS program, as well as 2 emergency contacts.
(2) If a student MISSES (2) TWO classes, BOKS instructors reserve the right to remove from the child from the program.
(3) CODE OF CONDUCT - Students are expected to follow the Fiske Student Conduct code during class. Any child who demonstrates unacceptable behavior will be removed from the class and terminated from the full session.
(4) PARTICIPATION - Students in BOKS must be able to participate fully in each activity in order for all children to enjoy the experience.
(5) DROP OFF – Please drop off students on the Colony Road side of Fiske ONLY through the side door into the Fiske Gymnasium. Children coming to school by car may be dropped off and walked in to the BOKS team member taking attendance. Any child who walks or bikes to school must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at BOKS drop off. This is for the safety of your child.
(6) SHOES AND ATTIRE – Please send your child in sneakers and comfortable clothing. We will be very active. Please label all sweatshirts and water bottles.
(7) WATER BREAKS – Please send a labeled recyclable (if possible) water bottle with your child every day. The kids will take water breaks as needed throughout the session.
(8) ILLNESS – Please do not send your child to BOKS if they are sick. We follow the same illness policy as the school. If your child comes to class and is visibly sick, we will ask him/her to sit out and watch until the nurse arrives at school.
(9) FIRST AID/CPR – The school nurse will not arrive at school until BOKS is well underway. Each Lead Trainer has a first aid kit and ice packs at all times.