The International Potluck Dinner (formerly the Diversity Potluck Supper) is a fun evening that brings together the entire Fiske Community to share favorite dishes from all over the world. Music from around the world will be provided by Fiske mom, DJ “Miss Kim” Bradshaw, and special guest performances will happen live on the gym stage. This year, the interactive National Geographic floor map of Europe will be on display to experience.
Where: Fiske Gymnasium
Details about the Dinner:
- Each family is requested to bring an appetizer, main course, salad or dessert to share, enough to feed 10-15 people. Pizza and take-out are welcome. Please bring appropriate serving utensils and have desserts cut & ready to serve.
- Please provide an index card with the name of your item, with a list of ingredients for possible food allergies.
- Please label your serving plates and utensils. Unmarked, unclaimed serving items will be donated to charity after the event.
- Fiske PTO will provide paper goods, water and coffee.
Details about the Map Destination: Europe:
- The large scale, floor map of Europe will be on display. Activities include an interactive scavenger hunt and destination games.
- All children who attend the event must be accompanied by an adult.
- Socks are required to walk on the giant map.
The map is provided by Lexington Public Schools K-5 Social Studies Curriculum Department and coordinated by Jane Hundley, Department Coordinator.
All Fiske students will learn about the map during the school day. This special night is a time for families to experience it together, connecting the Fiske PTO enrichment program with curriculum experiences.
Volunteers are needed from all cultures. To volunteer on the event planning, supplies, entertainment, set-up/clean up or map committee, contact Cerise Jalelian-Keim at email@example.com or 781.861.7446