The FISKE PTO SCIENCE FAIR!!
PI Day - 𝝿 day- MARCH 14 2024 (6:30 Pm - 7:45 PM)
All Fiske Families and Friends are invited to attend the Science Fair! Please come to support our scientists as they present their projects.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE 2024 SCIENCE FAIR
Cu-WHOO-rious about science? All students in Grades 2-5 are invited to become
Fiske scientists and take part in the 2024 school science fair!
The Fiske School PTO hosts the annual Science Fair where students
enthusiastically share their creative scientific explorations! Let’s celebrate our
young learners as they delve into the scientific method, present their findings –
and maybe teach us adults something new!
Last year, we had 65 amazing projects from over 100 students – I bet we can do
even better this year!!
Please encourage your Fiske student to be part of the 2024 FISKE SCIENCE FAIR,
which will take place in the school gym on THURSDAY, March 14th.
KICK-OFF FOR THE 2024 FAIR
Calling all parents! If you have a background in a STEM field – or just want to
support the cause – please volunteer! We need all the minds we can get! Email:
ScienceFair@FiskeSchoolPTO.org if you’re interested!
- Science Fair introduction – Jan 12
We will catalyze this year’s science fair season with an exciting event at the
January All-School Meeting!
- Science Fair Registration – Jan 5th – Feb 2nd
Each participating student will need to register. Check back in January for more
- Science Fair Project Titles & Team Formal Enrollment – Feb 16th
Registered scientists will need to log their project, title and team members.
- Unsure of the scientific method, or a way to do a science fair project? We have
a worksheet for you to use, with examples!
- All science projects should be done at home, taking care to always be safe!
- All projects need to follow the scientific method!
- No animals should be harmed
- Please use a display to show your science project work, but keep it within a 36” width.
- For messy projects, those that involve pets, etc., you may consider filming your project & displaying it on a laptop/iPad alongside your poster at the science fair.
- Please do not bring food, live animals, dry ice or latex products to the science fair.
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
What is the Scientific Method?
Display Tips --
If you have any questions, please contact: ScienceFair@FiskeSchoolPTO.org