Returning this spring…
FISKE PTO SCIENCE FAIR!!
WEDNESDAY MARCH 8 2023
All Fiske Families and Friends are invited to attend the Science Fair! Please come to support our scientists as they present their projects.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE 2023 SCIENCE FAIR
Cu-WHOO-rious about science? All students in Grades 2-5 are invited to become Fiske scientists and take part in the 2023 school science fair!
The Fiske School PTO hosts the annual Science Fair where students enthusiastically share their creative scientific explorations! Let’s celebrate our young learners as they delve into the scientific method, present their findings – and maybe teach us adults something new!
After a 3-year hiatus, we are so excited to reintroduce this fabulous event. Our last one, back in 2019, had exhibits from 169 students -- let’s all get excited and try to beat that record!
Please encourage your Fiske student to be part of the 2023 FISKE SCIENCE FAIR, which will take place in the school gym on WEDNESDAY, March 8th.
KICK-OFF FOR THE 2023 FAIR
Calling all parents! If you have a background in a STEM field – or just want to support the cause – please volunteer! We need all the minds we can get! Email: ScienceFair@FiskeSchoolPTO.org if you’re interested!
• Science Fair introduction – Jan 13
We will catalyze this year’s science fair season with an exciting event at the January All-School Meeting!
• Project Help – TBD (Jan/Feb)
A project brainstorming session will be held at Fiske for any scientists looking for inspiration. Check back in early 2023 for more info!
• Science Fair Registration – Jan 9 – Feb 3
Each participating student will need to register. Check back in January for more info!
• Science Fair Project Titles & Team Formal Enrollment – TBD
Registered scientists will need to log their project, title and team members. Check back in winter 2023 for more details.
* All science projects should be done at home, taking care to always be safe!
* All projects need to follow the scientific method!
* No animals should be harmed
* Please use a display to show your science project work, but keep it within a 36” width.
* For messy projects, those that involve pets, etc., you may consider filming your project & displaying it on a laptop/iPad alongside your poster at the science fair.
* Please do not bring food, live animals, dry ice or latex products to the science fair.
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
If you have any questions, please contact: ScienceFair@FiskeSchoolPTO.org